Thursday, September 23, 2010

Anna Kamienska
from The Notebooks

* Music teaches us the passing of time. It teaches the value of a moment by giving that moment value. And it passes. It's not afraid to go.

* There is a God of Solitude. He covers me closely, like the air. I study Him blindly, by touch. Only His body is everywhere, elusive, impalpable.

* A state of inner readiness and waiting. I'm open to all annunciations.

* One must live and love, and pray, as one writes. In labour and patience, attentively, slowly.

* I pray in words. I pray in poems. I want to learn to pray through breathing, through dreams and sleeplessness, through love and renunciation. I pray through snow that falls outside the window. I pray with the tears that do not end.

* The sense of loneliness is an error. We are and move in a great crowd of those who are now, were and will be. In that great river.

(translated by Clare Cavanagh)

No comments:

Post a Comment