Monday, December 16, 2013

There Is something, Ted Loder

There is Something
Ted Loder

.


line





Holy One,
there is something I wanted to tell you,
but there have been errands to run,
bills to pay,
arrangements to make,
meetings to attend,
friends to entertain,
washing to do...
and I forget what it is I wanted to say to you,
and mostly I forget what I'm about
or why.
O God,
don't forget me, please,
for the sake of Jesus Christ....
O Father in Heaven,
perhaps you've already heard what I wanted to tell you,
What I wanted to ask is,
forgive me,
heal me,
increase my courage, please.
Renew in me a little of love and faith,
and a sense of confidence,
and a vision of what it might mean
to live as though you were real,
and I mattered,
and everyone was sister and brother.
What I wanted to ask in my blundering way is
don't give up on me, don't become too sad about me,
but laugh with me,
and try again with me,
and I will with you, too.
from Guerrillas of Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment